The theater is not like anywhere else. When the audience laughs at jokes or applauds a great performance, the actors, dancers and singers hear it and know all their hard work was worth it.
Unfortunately, the performers also hear other sounds — talking, ringing cell phones, crying children and the crinkling of candy wrappers. Did you know the actors can even see the light from your cell phone when you write a text message? It’s true.
All those distractions upset the actors’ performance and also disturb other audience members. That’s why we ask that you please follow a few simple ground rules:
- Turn off all cell phones and other devices and leave them off throughout the show.
- Resist the urge to talk — remember, the actors can hear you.
- If you’re with young children who start to grow restless and noisy, take them out to the lobby.
- If you have cough drops or other items that come in noisy wrappers, please open them before the show begins.
- And if someone is bothering you, talk to one of our ushers — they’re ready to help.
Also, just like movie theaters, we do not allow picture-taking or filming during the show and ask that you please keep your feet away from the seat in front of you.
So make yourself comfortable, have a great time and don’t forget to help make magic happen — applaud when you see something you like!