No experience, membership or fee is required to audition/perform with us. Please download the audition form, complete it and bring it with you when you audition. Copies of the form will be available at the audition. [Download Audition Form] All auditions take place at The W.H.A.T. Theatre (in residence at the Grace Methodist Church) 380 Kearny Ave, Kearny. WHAT is currently auditioning for the following productions:
- Bridesmaid Murder [ Monday January 20 7:00 & Tuesday January 21 7:00 @ W.H.A.T. Theatre 380 Kearny Ave]
- About The Show:It’s a wedding whodunit! Many of those closest to the bride and groom don’t seem excited about their union, and the bridezilla’s demands are becoming ever-increasing. However, would anyone actually stoop to murder to put an end to these nuptials? When the toast leads to a poisoning death, a PI and the best man decide they need to get to the bottom of this if the bride and groom will be able to leave for their honeymoon and not the graveyard.
- Show Dates: The show will run March 27th and 28th
- About The Audition:Actors will read from sides provided and take part in some simple improv exercises. If an actor would like to read for a specific role, please mark it on your audition sheet and you will read for that role as well as others.
- Characters: There might be double-casting.
- Bianca – (F) the bridezilla who wants the perfect day by any means necessary. The intended victim?
- Malcolm – (M) the happy-go-lucky groom. He seems devoted to the bride.
- Harold – (M) father of the groom. Made his fortune with his exterminator business and thinks the bride is a gold digger.
- Deborah – (F) mother of the groom, but much more interested in becoming a grandmother than these proceedings.
- Trudy – (F) Sister of the groom. A bridesmaid. Very pregnant and rather unhappy to be here.
- Francesca – (F) bridesmaid and college friend of Bianca. Lover of cats. She dies after drinking from Bianca’s cup.
- Fiona – (F) bridesmaid and college friend of Bianca. Francesca’s distraught sister.
- Grace – (F) bridesmaid and college friend of Bianca. Photographer who might hold a grudge.
- Father Carigan – (F) The fill-in priest officiating the wedding.
- Syd Slade – (F) the bride’s aunt. A private investigator whose life might be made into a movie. Talks a bit like a noir detective.
- Charlie – (M) the best enthusiastic best man who thinks it’s his duty to solve the crime and help his BFF.
Casting ages: All auditioners should be 18 years old or older.
The wedding party should seem close in age and parents should be older. There is some flexibility on ages in casting. We don’t want to put a hard age on each role, to allow people to try out for what they feel they would be good at.