We Currently offer the following Musical programs:
Our musical programs ad-hear to the National Arts Standards. Visit nccas.wikispaces.com for more information.
- Standards Covered: 1a, 1b, 1d, 1e, 5a, 5c, 6a, 6e, 6c, 7a, 9a
Our curriculum also covers the following teaching objectives:
- Sing in tune and maintain steady beat.
- Identify and demonstrate differences between singing and speaking voices.
- Sing a song with 2 parts and maintain pitch and steady beat.
- Visually and aurally identify a key change.
- Identify repeated melodic/rhythmic patterns.
- Identify verse and refrain.
- Identify melodic direction.
- Discuss the characteristics of jazz or bossa nova styles.
- Identify repeated and contrasting sections.
- Describe and identify the differences between major and minor.
- Perform and identify syncopated rhythms.