No experience, membership or fee is required to audition/perform with us. Please download the audition form, complete it and bring it with you when you audition. Copies of the form will be available at the audition. [Download Audition Form] All auditions take place at The W.H.A.T. Theatre (in residence at the First Lutheran Church) 65 Oakwood Ave, Kearny, NJ. WHAT is currently auditioning for the following productions:
- Lysistrata Jones [June 22 5-8pm]
- LYSISTRATA JONES (the musical) takes student activism to a whole new level and celebrates the journey of discovering and embracing who you truly are. Visit Athens University where the boys basketball team hasn’t won a game in 33 years. Enter spunky transfer student and cheerleader Lysistrata Jones who is ready to change the world! With its infectious original score and a hysterical book from three-time Tony® nominated playwright Douglas Carter Beane (The Little Dog Laughed, Sister Act), and composer and lyricist Lewis Flinn (The Divine Sister), Lysistrata Jones will have you cheering in your seat and shooting baskets on the way home.
- Lysistrata Jones: (Lead) bubbly, quirky and enthusiastic, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop soprano, must have a strong belt, vocally demanding part with a large range, G#3-G5.
- Michelangelo “Mick” Jackson: (Lead) Lyssie’s jock boyfriend and captain of the basketball team, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop baritone, must have a strong belt, B2-G4.
- Hetaira: (Supporting) all-knowing narrator who plays multiple roles, including a courtesan, a provocateur, a madame, etc., must have dynamic personality, a solid actor, singer who moves well, R&B and pop Alto/Mezzo Soprano with a wide range,
- Robin Smythe: (Supporting) a bookworm, a work study student, a media specialist, and when nobody is looking—one hell of a poetry slammer, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop alto, G3-D5.st have a strong belt and be open to riffing, E3-A5.
- Xander Lee: (Lead) liberal, light-hearted blogger and school mascot who helps and falls for Lyssie, a solid actor, singer, who moves well, pop, soaring tenor, C3-G4.
- Lampito Kanagawa: (Supporting) Asian cynical, cool, over it, and on it, full of sass and ready to play her own game, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop soprano, A3-G5.
- Myrrhine Moore: (Supporting) a good friend, a smart ally and doesn’t hesitate to find her revenge, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop mezzo-soprano/soprano, must have a strong belt, A3-F5.
- Cleonice Sanchez: (Supporting) Hispanic hot and spicy friend of Lyssie, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop soprano, A3-A5.
- Todd “Cinesias” Stein: (Supporting) best friend of Mick, on the basketball team, very suburban but wants to be a hip-hop star, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop tenor with a strong belt, strong falsetto a plus, B2-A4.
- Stratyllis “Tyllis” Carter: (Supporting) African good student and athlete who has it all figured out., a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop baritone, B2-G4.
- ‘Uardo Cortez: (Supporting) Hispanic Machismo machine, a solid actor, singer, dancer, pop baritone, B2-Ab4.
- Harold: (Supporting) quirky, oddball of the group, a solid actor, singer, dancer.
- Students 14-18 (19 alumni welcome) must become a member of Teen Drama in order to audition. Visit teendrama.org for information.