Adapted for the stage by Christopher Schario
Based on the story by Charles Dickens
Directed by Sue Mandzik Davis
December 6 @ 7:30pm
December 7 @ 1:30pm & 7:30pm
December 13 @ 7:30pm
December 14@ 7:30pm
Focusing on Dickens’ powerful language, humor and warmth, this charming version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL simply and directly tells the story of the redemption of a human soul. The play follows the ever-powerful story of Scrooge, a lonely miser, who, through the help of spirits and visions from his past, present and future, finds a second chance to become a loving, generous human being. Adapted for a company of six actors, accompanied by a fiddler, the play requires a minimum of sets, costumes and props. It begins with a child reading the story for the first time. As the scenes are played out behind him, the child becomes totally caught up in the story and is finally invited by the other characters to enter the play as one of them. With traditional carols and English folk tunes creating the proper atmosphere, the world of Scrooge, Fezziwig and Tiny Tim comes alive, igniting the holiday spirit for young and old alike.
A Christmas Carol is presented through special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc..
- Scrooge ….. Robert Strauch
- Actor 1 (Schoolboy, Dick Wilkins, Tim, Turkey Boy) ….. AJ Ford
- Actor 2 (Bob Cratchit, Marley’s Ghost, Fezziwig, Old Joe) ….. Dann Pryce
- Actor 3 (Fred, Christmas Present, Peter Cratchit) ….. James Blau
- Actor 4 (Gentlewoman #1, Fan, Mrs. Fezziwig, Belle, Martha, Laundress) ….. Callie O’Rourke
- Actor 5 (Gentlewoman #2, Christmas Past, Mrs. Cratchit, Charwoman) ….. Francesca Stokes
- Sound Effects/Ghost of Christmas Future ….. Jason Davis